When you understand your true purpose, you will realise that it not enough to just be a leader, you also want to know how to be a great leader. In the latest episode of The Kind Boss podcast, founder of Outsourcing Angel, Linh Podetti, speaks to Andrew Deering, Leader in Operations and People, and CEO at the Deering Group. An expert in organisational transformational capability and change, Andrew shares with us how to be a great leader in business through humanity humility authenticity and kindness.
As a leadership coach, Andrew helps leaders create the shift that will allow their organisation and their people to thrive. He advocates adopting kind leadership that will not only motivate you to be better, but encourage those around you to be their best. His experience in coaching leaders and in mentoring leadership has helped many build capability and accelerate desired outcomes.
In this episode, watch the full video and you will learn:
- How to be a better leader and manager,
- How to be a good leader at work
- How compassionate management will help you nurture a raving team
- How kindness leadership boosts your team’s morale and dedication
Valuable tips that you will get from this interview:
- What kindness truly means
- Empowering leadership and kindness
- Meaningful kindness grows relationships and organisations
- Looking at different areas of life
- Journey with goals and external manifestations
- Delusion of work-life balance
- How to flow our energies
Andrew shares some take-aways as you listen to this episode, check below :
- Fundamentals of kindness and leadership
- Kindness is relative and comes from a place of empathy and understanding
- Flow of our energies is more important than semblance of balance
- Making sense of and finding what matters most to you
- Learning happens only when it’s applied
- Finding sense of fulfillment/enough and dealing with the shift to constantly growing goals or reached goals
- Becoming a better leader is becoming a better human
- Here are some valuable tips about kindness, goals, and flow of energy
Framing of kindness, goals, and flow of energy
Properly framing kindness and understanding that it’s relative. Everyone is slightly different, with whichever complexities, but at the core everybody has that same issue. When is it ever enough and when does that sense of fulfillment ever occur? And it is only upon real life applications that there is learning. Hence, having that genuine kindness will real relationships and develop growth as a person. Know what’s truly important to you and your goal in whichever areas of life and applying that flow of energy accordingly and find that sense of truly achieving.
About Andrew Deering
Leader in Operations and People
Coach | Facilitator | Author
Andrew Deering is obsessed with helping leaders create a shift into being a better version of themselves.
He understands that leaders need to make sense of, and evolve with, the ever-changing complexity businesses face. He does his work by holding the space for the leaders and teams he works with: supporting them on their journey to grow into the potential and possibilities they each have, individually and collectively.
He knows that when leaders focus on doing and being better, people and organisations thrive and prosper.
Andrew is known as an expert in building capability through one-on-one coaching, team facilitation, and organisation-wide initiatives. He has spent more than 20 years working with organisations and leaders delivering operational and organisational development and change programs. Andrew has worked with renowned organisations including Shell, the West Australian Government, and Santos. He is also the CEO of The Deering Group, one of Australia’s leading experts in organisational transformational capability and change.
His approach of holding the space for others is done through a unique blend of humanity, humility, authenticity and kindness. This allows your people to create the shift they need in a way that enables accelerated outcomes in a safe space.
Find out more about leader coaching, specifically Andrew’s executive leadership coaching at andrewdeering.com
You can provide these links for people to find and connect with Andrew. If we are able to provide a specific offer to your audience, please contact Sam – email@example.com.
Follow him in Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/andrewmdeering
and Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/andrewdeering