One of the biggest challenges for fitness owners today is their lack of time. Most gym owners are hard working entrepreneurs that will do whatever it takes to grow their business….and then they unfortunately fall into the trap of ‘trying to do it all’.
There’s nothing worse than losing out on clients because you’re caught up on the repetitive day-to-day tasks that could easily be outsourced to a Virtual Assistant which is why we’ve created this video and Blog Article to summarise exactly what to outsource.
“It is really about optimising your resources and building that trust with your staff, whether they are local or overseas.”
What to consider before hiring a Virtual Assistant for your gym or fitness business
Finding a Virtual Assistant is not just about finding the best person for the job, it’s really about maintaining and building a strong and long-lasting relationship. This is the key difference between working with a dedicated Virtual Assistant vs. hiring a freelancer that could leave you at a drop of a hat!
So before you jump into hiring a Virtual Assistant, there are two important things to consider to make it worth the investment:
- What type of person you would like to work with in the long-term? Beyond their skills and experience, what character traits are important to you?
- How can your Virtual Assistant help you in the long-term? Don’t just think about the one-off tasks or things you need in the moment, think about the day-to-day tasks you continually need to do in order to keep your business running.
What your gym or fitness business can outsource to a Virtual Assistant
As an owner of a fitness business or gym, you should really be focusing on high value tasks such as:
- Developing your business growth plan
- Marketing and promotion strategy
- Growing and nurturing your client relationships
If you have local staff members, they should focus on their strengths which involves in-person interactions and strategy. Everything else can be project managed and outsourced to a Virtual Assistant.
“Everyone should only be doing the tasks that they’re best at to bring the best result. Anything that’s repetitive that can be done virtually should be given to a Virtual Assistant”
Here’s a run-down on the types of tasks that your fitness business or gym can outsource to a Virtual Assistant:
- Data entry and managing documents
- Process Holds, Suspension and Cancellation requests
- Upload Workout Programs
- Generate Reports (for sales, attendance and membership)
- Manage Fitness Challenges
- Track Progress of Participants
- Collect Before and After Photos
- Manage Databases and Member Profiles
- Preparing presentations and documents
Email and Schedule Management Tasks
- Scheduling consultations and personal training sessions for clients
- Sending email reminders and follow-ups
- Responding to emails and customer service inquiries
- Travel and event arrangements and planning
- Updating Members Payment Details
- Payment Scheme Updates
- Process Payment
- Monitor Unpaid Sessions
- Follow-up on No-shows, Late Cancellations and Late Transactions
- Manage Autopay Expirations and Rejections
Social Media and Marketing Assistance Tasks
- Create, update and manage Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Profiles
- Create and manage exclusive Facebook Groups and communities
- Create and manage Facebook Events and reminders
- Manage Video Content and basic editing
- Curate and create Social Media Content
- Design brochures, flyers, invitations using tools like Canva
- Creating content for newsletters, blogs and announcements
Overall, your Virtual Assistant should be someone you can rely on with your day-to-day tasks to work harmoniously with you and your local staff members. Once you have an outsourcing process in place you’ll be ready to scale your gym or fitness business and take it seriously.
If you’re ready to take the next steps into hiring a Virtual Assistant for your gym or fitness business but you’re not sure how to recruit, hire, on-board and retain dedicated and highly skilled Virtual Assistants, this is exactly what Outsourcing Angel specialises in.
Outsourcing Angel has helped entrepreneurs in the fitness industry hire a part-time or full-time Virtual Assistant to offload all of the repetitive tasks. With over 10 years of experience, we utilise a really strict recruitment process and only hire the best Virtual Assistants suited exactly to your personal preferences and business goals.
If for any reason you’re not happy with your Virtual Assistant (although we’re confident you will!) We also offer fast and free replacement and disruption cover. In addition to that, you have the ongoing support from the below Angels:
Team Guidance & Support
Based: Sydney, Australia
Richard provides our Angel team and clients with training and guidance on how to work effectively online.
Virtual Office Manager
Based: Dumaguete, Philippines
Juvy monitors the work progress of your VAs and makes the best recommendations for VA training and client coaching.
Accounts & Payroll
Based: Manila, Philippines
Wendy is the reliable and efficient right arm support for Outsourcing Angel’s business development, finances and account management.
Heidi is our Outsourcing Specialist and helps clients grow profitably with Virtual Assistants suited to their business needs.
Ready to find your perfect
Start outsourcing to us today and we will help you tick off that long to-do list!