With more countries across the world locking down and practising social distancing to flatten the spread of COVID-19, unfortunately, many businesses have been struggling to cope with the change. It’s now more important than ever, to adapt your business to the virtual changes to make it through this unpredictable time.
One great way businesses can do this is by learning how to run your business online. Here are the necessary steps to take to run a business online during the Coronavirus crisis.
Use the right Virtual Communication Tools
A robust work-from-home set-up is pivotal to your business during this time. At a minimum you should have the following basic tools for communication:
- Cloud storage: We currently use Google Drive so all of our documents and files are saved and managed through the Cloud. This allows us to access this at any location and make live updates.
- Large file transfer: We use Wetransfer to send larger files up to 2GB. Alternatively, you can also upload things into your Cloud Storage or even Dropbox if you have the space available.
- Project management tools: We recommend using something like Basecamp to assign tasks and deadlines to your employees to hold them accountable and stay up to date with the running of work.
- Video conferencing tool: Zoom is our tool of choice for video conferencing and webinars. It also allows members to screen share, record and chat.
- Screen recorder: Loom is a great screen recorder tool which we use often to explain concepts or give virtual briefs.
- Online chat tool: We keep in touch with all of our virtual assistants using Slack so it feels like you’re basically chatting to your in-office staff.
For a full list of our recommended software, click the button below.
You can create video or audio content from home. We'll take care of editing for you!
Invest in Video and Audio Content
With lockdowns happening across the globe, more and more people are consuming content on their devices.
There’s never been a better time to invest into creating value-adding video and audio content such as social media videos to your LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or getting started on your Podcast plans.
While you can plan and record videos in the comfort of your own home, we also have virtual assistants to complete your video and audio editing tasks. We’re experienced in:
- Video Editing for YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Audio Editing for Podcasts
- Transcriptions for video subtitles
- Writing video descriptions
- Designing video intros and outros
- Designing video templates with your branded header, footer and/or logo
- Adding animation effects to videos
Hire Reliable Virtual Team Members
Use this opportunity to learn how you can effectively work with virtual team members while your in-office employees are not accessible. We’ve seen many of our clients hire more than two virtual assistants from a broad spectrum of skills. To give you an example, one of our Marketing Agencies hired a team of off-shore staff members which consisted of:
- Web Developer: To set-up and maintain the website, create landing pages and make platform integrations.
- Content Writer: To create SEO friendly website content and blog articles.
- SEO Specialist: To conduct SEO audits and make updates and/or suggestions on how to improve organic traffic.
- Administration: To complete tasks such as data entry, competitor research and schedule management.
Overall, a Virtual Team can play the role of any in-office employees that you require to run your business. Our Virtual Assistants are also able to work in your timezone and submit daily work reports so that you have the confidence that the business can continue to run smoothly while you focus on the higher level tasks.
Adjusting in Crisis
Unfortunately no one really has full control over unexpected external factors but the smartest thing to do now is to set-up our businesses to operate efficiently online. If that means switching your approach from in-office to virtual staff, investing in video and audio content and just having the right tools to communicate effectively – we’re here to help.
Feel free to book in a FREE consultation call with our Outsourcing Specialist and we’ll assist you with any questions you may have.