Love is in the air! For most of us, Valentine’s Day is the best time to express love and affection to your loved ones. For some, it’s a great excuse to annoy Valentine’s Day Scrooges. But for businesses, it’s the perfect opportunity to get creative in reaching your target audience—and make customers fall in love with your brand.
As a marketing agency, you should take advantage of special occasions like Valentine’s Day to create messages that resonate with your target audiences and connect with them emotionally by offering specialised promotions. These promotions need to show your clients how much you love them, thereby building a long and successful relationship with them.
In this blog, we’ve compiled 6 Valentine’s Day marketing ideas that will win hearts—and dollars!—for your marketing agency. With the help of a virtual assistant from Outsourcing Angel you can be sure your campaigns will show your love, reach the right audience and bring success to your marketing agency.
1. Email Campaigns that are Full of Love
Email marketing campaigns are an essential part of a marketing strategy for an agency. Make your campaigns stand out by integrating Valentine’s Day themes into your email campaigns, like catchy subject lines (a bit of cliché is okay, but add more wit) with reference to the Love Month, or heart-eyes emojis or other related imagery. Just don’t overdo this so as not to appear spammy.
You can make use of your standard email layouts with a sprinkle of Valentine’s Day elements throughout. Whether you embed animations, mini games, candy-heart graphics, or write personalised messages for your customers, the key is to have something creative and spark interest among your audience. Your virtual assistant can help you design some beautiful creatives to spruce up your emails.
Don’t forget your call-to-actions! As marketers, we know this is one of the most important aspects of an email campaign. Make sure your CTAs stand out and are visually attractive. At the same time, they should fit your agency’s branding and the Valentine’s Day theme.
2. Add a Romantic Flair in Your Social Media Accounts
Get into the spirit of Valentine’s Day by optimising your social media profiles for Valentine’s Day.
Here are some suggestions:
- Visuals – Play with Valentine’s Day imagery and incorporate them in your profile image (think hearts and arrows). You can also upload a temporary cover photo that reflects your theme for the month. This is particularly helpful if you’re running a Valentine’s Day promotion.
- Engaging Content– Come up with Valentine’s Day content ideas that you can relate back to your brand. For instance, how disastrous dates are just like failed marketing campaigns. Or how you can make a customer fall in love (at first sight) with your product or service.
- Competition – Another way to engage your audience is through creative contests. Ask your audience to share their funniest date stories or how they met their partners and incentivise them. Your virtual assistant can help you promote and organise your contests across different social media platforms, ensuring the greatest reach and engagement with your audience.
3. Valentine’s Day = Customer Appreciation Day
What is the Month of Hearts for if not declaring your undying love to your customers, so to speak. One of the best ways to do this is to turn Valentine’s Day into Customer Appreciation Day. Show your customers how much they mean to you!
Here are some ideas:
- Your love story – Highlight some of your clients and talk about how you met them, what they do, and why they are special to you. You can feature them on your social media accounts or write about them on your blog.
- V-Day cards – Why not go traditional? Your clients may be tired of receiving emails, so an actual, physical Valentine’s Day card might be the surprise they’re craving for. The cheesier the better, yes?
- Send some love – Another creative way of showing appreciation is by creating a video mashup of different reasons why you love your customers. Your virtual assistant can help you edit and send out your love appreciation to your customers, while you focus on delivering the most heartfelt message.
4. Valentine’s Day Offer
Everyone in the industry does offers but you can create something unique and timely with a Valentine’s Day offer, which your virtual assistant can help you to promote via email, your social media accounts or your website.
Here are some offers you can utilise:
- V-Day discount – Create a hard-to-miss discount for a popular service or product in your agency, say your SEO package or your social media scheduling tool, and make this a one-time deal.
- Two-for-one promotion – Because Valentine’s Day is all about couples, run a 2-for-1 deal, which is simply purchasing one service and getting another for free. You can offer a promotion where your customer can purchase a website design package and get a logo design deal for free, or buy a social media marketing service and get an email marketing strategy ebook for free.
5. Create Love-Themed Content
Holiday-themed blogs are a sure-fire hit with any kind of audience. Holidays like Christmas or Valentine’s Day give you a headstart when it comes to engaging topics and are also the best excuse to get your creative juices flowing.
Here are a few blog ideas you can try:
- Reasons to love our agency – Valentine’s Day is the best time to promote reasons to love your awesome company! Don’t be afraid to get a little cheeky.
- Help a customer in need – Because you love your customers and you want to make things easier for them, you can research about the toughest marketing challenges they face and compile expert tips into one blog.
6. Give Back
Having a social impact can reflect positively on your company. So if you want to start giving to charity or are thinking of actively participating in community projects, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to start your community outreach programs. You can donate a percentage of your earnings each month or quarter to a local charity, ask your clients to donate a small amount for a fund-raising project, or organise a charity activity on Valentine’s Day.
Applying one or all of these approaches combined with proper planning with your virtual staff will guarantee you a successful Valentine’s Day marketing campaign. The great thing about working with a virtual assistant is that you don’t have to do all the work on your own. Our virtual assistants at Outsourcing Angel are equipped with the latest marketing knowledge and the right amount of love to help you run your campaigns smoothly and successfully. Best of all, their professionalism and dedication means they will always have the best interest of your agency at heart.
VA Writer: Jamie S. Ayque
VA Position: Digital Marketer