With a few weeks before the Christmas and Boxing Day Sales begin, we’re hoping your Christmas Marketing Strategy is well under way.. but if you’re a bit behind, don’t worry, there’s still time to amp up your Christmas Marketing Strategy!
If you’re stressed about having no time to prepare – this is where Outsourcing Angel comes in! We can help you to hire a dedicated virtual assistant that can prepare and execute your Christmas Marketing Strategy.
Here are our top 5 ways your virtual assistant can help you this Christmas.
1. Holiday themed graphics
Just like putting up your Christmas tree, it’s time to roll-out that holiday theme across all your online channels. Here are examples of the things you can ask your virtual assistant to update:
Digital graphics to update this Christmas:
- Website. Christmas website banners, holiday themed logo (even something as small as a santa hat on your logo!), Christmas products or bundle e-Commerce uploads.
- Email Marketing: Holiday eCards, Christmas email campaigns, email signatures or holiday themed email header and footer template.
- Social Media Channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn): Holiday themed profile image, fanpage banner, newsfeed posts, videos, stories and Christmas themed Facebook ads and remarketing banners.
- YouTube: Holiday themed video intro and outro, profile image and banner images and YouTube ads.
- Pinterest: Create a Christmas themed Pinterest board and pin a mixture of user generated content and your own holiday themed content that links back to your website.
If you have a long list of Christmas themed digital content and you want to keep your costs within your marketing budget, you can ask your virtual assistant to create the graphics on Photoshop or Canva to save you time and money.
2. Bundle up holiday specials and packages
The holiday season is a great opportunity to introduce special product combinations and packages for your online store. This way, you are helping your customers save time and money by purchasing product bundles while you’re increasing your average order value and boosting sales. It’s a win-win really!
Holiday specials for online stores:
- Christmas bundles for him/her or for the family: Combine some of your best selling products into a product bundle for a discounted price and give it a holiday themed name. This will then allow you to create a “CHRISTMAS GIFTS” section on your website to encourage people to purchase your Christmas packages.
- A gift for them and a gift for you: Christmas shoppers may also want to treat themselves, so a 2 for 1 deal is perfect for the holiday season.
- 12 days of Christmas: Have different deals running for 12 days from December 1st to December 12th and call it your 12 Days of Christmas Specials. This can include a combination of giveaways, competitions and online offers which you can cross-promote across different online channels.
- Discounts: Offering discounts on some of your best selling products or services is a surefire way to boost your Christmas sales. This can range from storewide discounts or ‘spend to save discounts’ such as ‘spend over $50 for $5 off’.
- Gift cards: Gift cards or gift certificates are a great way to assist people that need a more versatile gift for a fussy gift receiver. You can even offer discounts on gift cards for a limited time only to get people excited. We can help you implement your holiday specials by outsourcing these tasks to your remote team of virtual assistants.
3. Create holiday-themed content
Your virtual assistant can help you create Christmas themed content about your products, upcoming sales and promotions as well as recommend gift giving ideas.This content can be syndicated across all your online channels to direct traffic and conversions to your website and improve the search engine optimisation of your site for Christmas shoppers. Here are some ideas of Christmas related topics you could push across your website blog content, email and social media:
- Product review/spotlight.: People want to know which products or services will make great gifts. Your virtual assistant can help your customers by creating in-depth reviews of products/services your customers will likely be interested in this holiday season.
- Holiday gift guide: This is your chance to showcase and promote your products in a new light. You can create different gift guides for different target markets such as gifts for: mum, dad, him, her, boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, kids – the list is endless!
- Christmas offer: This season is all about giving, so a way to give back to your customers is through a special offer – because, who doesn’t love a good deal?
- Customer ‘Thank You’ letters: This is the best time of year to show your gratitude to your customers. Your virtual assistant can create ‘surprise and delight’ Christmas eCards or formal thank you emails so that you remain at the top of their minds.
- Get it in time for Christmas: If you’re able to offer express or premium delivery for the last minute shoppers, make sure you scream and shout it on your website! Get your virtual assistant to help you apply a site-wide message of your Christmas delivery cut off dates.
4. A special free gift
Customers love to be surprised during the festive season and you can get really creative with your free online gifts to boost engagement and site traffic. Here are some ideas for your free gift:
- Mystery gift: Offer a complimentary mystery gift at no cost when a customer reaches a certain purchase amount. Branded items, like t-shirts, mugs or caps with your logo, or even gift cards are great mystery gift options.
- Free shipping: Waive the postage charges for orders for certain spend thresholds or just apply it sitewide for a limited time only.
- Gift wrapping: If you’re able to offer gift wrapping paper or even a nicely presented box for your online orders, this is a great complimentary gift during the holiday season.
5. Set customer service expectations
During the holiday season, expect an influx of customer enquiries so offer alternative ways for your customers to contact you with the help of your Outsourcing Angel remote staff.
Ways your virtual assistants can provide customer service:
- Live chat. Offer a live chat option and have your virtual assistants provide quick responses to their questions or help them navigate your online store.
- Social media community manager. Your virtual assistants can also help you answer queries and comments on social media so you can connect with interested visitors.
With all these tips in mind, it’s time to plan your winning Christmas Marketing Strategy today and make this the best season sales ever.
If you’re currently working on some holiday marketing campaigns with your virtual assistant, we’d love to hear your ideas on how you’re staying ahead this Christmas!
VA Writer: Jamie S. Ayque
VA Position: Digital Marketer