Businesses are feeling a lot of economic pressure from the Coronavirus crisis. Offices and shop fronts are now closed and adapting to the virtual world is new territory for many. In response to this, many business owners have turned to Virtual Assistants for help.
We’re lucky that the Virtual Assistant Industry has always been fully remote and incredibly robust. In just a click and a phone call, business owners can seek the help of Virtual Employees with transferable skills that can work in any timezone and be productive during turbulent times.
Which brings us to the question: Will hiring a Virtual Assistant help you survive a crisis? Let’s delve into the reasons why Virtual Assistants may offer you solace during this time.
1. Virtual Assistants can save you on employee costs
Business owners that need to cut costs may be faced with the situation of downsizing their staff.
Unfortunately local staff can be costly at this time, but hiring a Virtual Assistant will provide you just as much support at a fraction of the cost.
At Outsourcing Angel, we seek to provide opportunities and comfortable lives for our staff. Most of our angels are located in the Philippines where the cost of living and average wage is lower than Western countries.
So by offering our virtual staff a wage that is higher than the average income for their country, we are able to find the best and most loyal Virtual Assistants while still allowing our clients to outsource at a lower cost than a regular local employee.
Outsourcing is actually a great win-win situation for companies and virtual staff. If you need to save on staff costs and hire a Virtual Assistant, book a call with our Outsourcing Specialist and tell us what you need:
2. Virtual Assistants can help you set-up your business operations online
If it’s possible that you can still provide your products or services virtually, hiring a Virtual Assistant to set you up online can help you survive the lockdown and even create new opportunities through online distribution.
Our agency has been working remotely since our inception for hundreds of clients from all over the world. This means that we have the experience and necessary technology to move your operations online.
For example, over the past few months we’ve assisted clients with the following:
- eCommerce Store: In-store sales have had to switch to online sales meaning our Virtual Assistants have helped clients set-up their eCommerce store with the relevant products and set-up their discount codes and offer notifications.
- Project Management: We’ve assisted teams into managing their tasks online through tools such as Basecamp, Trello and Asana.
- Client Relationship Management: We’ve set-up CRM systems to manage client data through Hubspot, Copper, AgileCRM and Salesforce as well as setting up the relevant automations.
- File Sharing: We’ve set-up company hubs to share files through Google Drive, Basecamp and Microsoft Teams.
This type of knowledge is valuable and in addition to setting up our clients with the right tools, our Operations Manager conducts 1-on-1 calls with our clients to offer tailored advice on how to continue working effectively online.
3. Virtual Assistants can find you quick solutions during turbulent times
Mei Ouw is a Leadership Coach and also one of our valued clients. With just 5 days to go, her annual in-person workshop was forced to move online when new lockdown policies were in place.
As her Dedicated Virtual Assistant, I helped Mei quickly move her training session to Zoom. This involved converting all her materials to softcopy, providing technical support to participants and facilitating training on Zoom with interactive breakout sessions, reminder and follow-up emails and digital worksheets.
This type of quick thinking is something that Virtual Assistants have adapted to and we’ll stay online to ensure that the task is done.
4. Virtual Assistants can help you with smaller tasks too
If you’re not ready to commit to hiring a Virtual Assistant on a Full-time or Part-time basis and you’ve also been burned by unreliable freelancers in the past, we also have Project-Based Virtual Assistants that can help with specific tasks or projects.
Recently we’ve helped our clients with:
- eBooks: Creating eBooks
- Graphic Design: Designing website banners and digital
- Web Development: Setting-up and designing landing pages
- Email Campaigns: Designing email banners and templates
- Blogs: Creating blog posts (just like this one!)
- Podcasts: Editing podcast audio and creating social media sound bites
- Video Editing: Editing videos for YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
With Social Media consumption at a high, this is actually the best time to build your brand online or to grow your presence. We want your business to take advantage of this and invest in your content and marketing so our Virtual Assistants are here to help, here are some examples of our work.
Overall, these uncertain times can be very daunting, but with the assistance from someone who already knows how to navigate through the virtual space, you’ll be okay.
If you’re considering hiring a Virtual Assistant, book a Discovery Call with our Outsourcing Specialist today and we’ll help you find the superstar VA who will rock your world and make life easier through this process.