To succeed as a business, you need to know how to communicate effectively, especially within your team. Learn how to communicate effectively to your employees and grow your business with a cohesive and strong branding message. Meet Melissa Donnelly, Director of Affinity Communications. In this episode of The Kind Boss podcast, Melissa chats with the founder of Outsourcing Angel, Linh Podetti about different leadership communication styles and why she advocates for kindness in leadership as a proven business success model.
To communicate well, Melissa advocates employing empathy leadership to convey big ideas and concepts as you will develop a stronger and deeper relationship with your team. Leadership communication that is clear and focuses on understanding and being understood helps you to achieve the best results for your business.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Valuable business communication tips
- Proven business growth strategies
- Exclusive business tips for success
- Approaches for effective team communication
Valuable tips that you will get from this interview:
- Strategic marketing and communications
- Growing your business
- Rediscovering your purpose
- Creating happy workplaces
- Impactful communications with staffs and customers
- Effective marketing includes creating content
- Content that persuades, influences, provide value and actionable
Melissa shares some take-aways as you listen to this episode, check below :
- Personalising your marketing
- Communication is the glue between the idea and the action
- Engaging with your customers and staff
- Marketing with content that provides value, influence, and is actionable
- Innovation and growth requires effective communication
- Change is possible and change is possible relatively quickly for small to medium enterprises
- Knowing the team’s understanding of the company’s strategy and organisational goals
Here are some valuable tips about business communication and growth
Effective business communication
Seeking to persuade someone to your point of view, which is what any company is doing, when you think about it, then you’re using communication to persuade that person or another company around to your ways of thinking. There are a mass of tools that we are able to use as part of that. And marketing’s critical to that, but then you’ve got other methods that you would be using. Looking at what is great now, which is content, content that influences, content that persuades, content that provides value. Hence, effective business communication is really that very broad glue.
About Melissa Donnelly
Melissa translates the big issues and concepts confronting business leaders and breaks them into bite-sized pieces that can be digested, implemented and achieve results. Melissa serves companies and not-for-profits in the professional services sector (ie accounting, law, financial services), mining services, training, manufacturing, and frontline services. Her delivery model is a fully outsourced team of communications and marketing specialists who come together to deliver brand, communications, and marketing programmes for their clients. Affinity Communications was established 10 years ago and they deliver cost-effective implementation of impactful programmes without organisations needing to build and manage their own in-house marketing teams.
In addition, if you mention The Kind Boss podcast, you will receive 20% her special COVID Comms Pack (only $360). Find out more here: https://bit.ly/COVIDPackOffer.